Congressman Doc Hastings

Serving Central Washington

Skip to Navigation

How May I Assist You?

f t # e
Washington, Nov 29, 2013 | comments

As your Representative to the United States Congress, one of my highest priorities is providing service and assistance to those who call Central Washington home. Being in a position to help Central Washington residents is the most rewarding part of my job. The following are a number of services my office can assist you with:

Federal Government Help
If you or a family member is experiencing a problem with a federal agency, my office may be able to help. Each week, I assist constituents who need help with their Social Security, veterans’ benefits, obtaining a visa or passport, resolving issues with the Internal Revenue Service, and a variety of other matters involving federal agencies. Anyone requiring this type of assistance should contact my Tri-Cities office at (509) 543-9396.

Visiting Washington, D.C.
If you are planning a visit to our nation’s capital, I encourage you to contact my office so that my staff can provide you with details on tours of the U.S. Capitol, the White House, museums, monuments, and other federal buildings that are open to the public.

Capitol Flags
You may purchase a flag that has flown over the United States Capitol or request a flag be flown for a special occasion or on a certain date. If you are interested in purchasing a flag, contact my office or visit my website for an order form.

Veterans Services
Keeping our nation’s commitment to those who served and fought to keep America safe is a national priority. My staff can help provide support to veterans, as well as active members of our military, who need assistance securing their benefits or health care services. For assistance with obtaining military medals or veteran’s claims, please contact my Tri-Cities office.

Internship Opportunities
College students and college graduates have the opportunity to serve as interns in my Washington, D.C. and local offices. This program provides a unique opportunity to witness and participate in the day-to-day operations of a Congressional office. For students who can earn course credit through an internship, my office will assist with that process. More information is available from my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-5816.

These are just a few examples of how I may be able to help you. If there is another matter involving the federal government with which you may need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my office or visit my website at It is my honor to represent you in Congress.

f t # e